I always love anything that has a surprise filling or stuffing inside. The first time when I had filled chocolates was during my college days. My friend Priya brought ganache filled chocolates and I absolutely loved it. The filling was so creamy. Since then I used to search many shops in search of those creamy chocolates ( but couldn't find one ...)
When I saw this video in youtube some few months back, I couldn't resist. I bought one mould and tried immediately and they were awesome. The first time I did, I filled with chocolate cream and roasted almond in the centre. I did that for our family get together and everybody loved it so much and it was gone in minutes!!! This time I filled with caramel sauce. Here I have filled with sweet caramel sauce (type 2 ) that I made ( you can check out the recipe here ) and coated with milk chocolate as I made them for my daughter. You can use the slightly bitter caramel ( type 1 )with dark chocolate too for a bolder version or can interchange the flavours.
Milk Chocolate - 120 g
Homemade Caramel Sauce - 1/3 cup ( Click here for the recipe )
1) Melt the chocolate using double boiler method ( Just place chocolate pieces in a clean bowl over a pan of simmering water such that the bowl doesn't touch the water - refer picture ) When the chocolate is 3/4 th melted, remove it from over the pan and stir until it is fully melted and smooth.
1) You can use any filling you like( chocolate cream, ganache...)
2) The amount of chocolate and caramel sauce given here is perfect for my 15 heart shaped chocolate mould. It will vary depending on the mould size and the number of cavities in it.
3) I have used chocolate compound for outer coating and hence didn't temper the chocolate. If you are using real chocolate make sure you temper it.
4) While giving the final coating ( step 7 ) make sure to scrape immediately as the chocolate will set faster over the cold caramel.
5) Theses chocolate keep well for 2 weeks.
6) I made 15 heart chocolates with this measurement.
This is my entry for week 2 day 2 of BM #46 under the theme Christmas festival.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#46