This Corn Cheese Balls is a great starter for parties or family get together or you can simply enjoy them as an evening snack. They are crispy on the outside with soft melting cheese inside. There is no wonder that all kids love this. The main plus of this recipe is that you can make ahead these balls and store them in the refrigerator until ready to use... Ok, now on to the recipe.....
Corn - 1/2 cup
Grated Cheese - 3/4 cup
Potato - 1 (boiled)
Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Oregano - 3/4 tsp
Garlic paste - 1/4 tsp
Chilli flakes - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Corn flour - 1 to 2 tbsp
Oil - for frying
For the Coating:
All purpose flour - 2 tbsp + 1 and 1/2 tbsp
Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Water - 1/4 cup ( or as required )
Bread Crumbs - 1/4 cup
1) Mix together the boiled potato, corn and grated cheese along with coriander leaves, pepper, oregano ( crush the oregano in your hands before adding for better flavour ), garlic paste, chilli flakes, chilli powder and salt.
2) Add Cornflour for binding all the ingredients together ( I added 1 tbsp as it was enough for me. Add according to the wetness of your mixture ) Form as even sized balls.
These Corn Cheese Balls are best when served hot. So enjoy them with tomato ketchup.....
1) You can even add capsicum as a variation to these balls
2) For the garlic paste, I just crushed 3 garlic cloves in mortar and pestle ( That's it instant garlic paste :) )
3) Make sure you coat your balls well or else the cheese may ooze out while frying.
Sending this to Kid's Delight Event hosted by PJ