I was very happy to pick the Cheese theme for BM 48 as my daughter has developed a new fondness for it. My SIL Gomathi is a regular visitor of pizza hut as my BIL is a very big fan pizzas. Almost for their every visit here in coimbatore they go there. Recently my daughter Neha has started to accompany them. In the beginning she loved the place mainly because of the play area. She will play the whole time without even touching a piece of food.
Now a days she started liking the food there. One morning she asked me for pizza. I was in a hurry but couldn't deny her ( as she asks for treats like these very rarely.. ) So, Quickly I made some bread pizza for her with the items I had in hand. She is a big fan of corn and she loves onion in almost everything she eats ( like sambar, dosai , omelette...) So I threw a handful of them with tomato sauce as the base to add a nice acidic punch. Finally I topped it with the star of the dish- Cheese!!! :)
Everybody teased me that I am cheating her for the real pizza. But you know what?? she loved it totally (Yay!!!!) And today I did it again for you all in case if you all want to enjoy a shortcut pizza :)
I have prebaked the bread by applying garlic infused oil which adds a nice flavour and also prevents the bread from getting soggy and helps the bread stay nice and crisp ( like the way I love it ..)
Bread - 3 slices
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 2 cloves
Tomato Sauce / Pizza sauce - 1 and 1/2 tbsp
Onion - 3 tbsp ( chopped )
Capsicum - 2 tbsp ( chopped )
Corn - 2 tbsp
Pepper - 1/4 tsp
Oregano - 1/4 tsp
Cheese - 1/3 cup ( grated )
Salt - to taste
Chilli Flakes - to taste ( optional )
1) Preheat oven to 180 C for 10 minutes. Crush 2 garlic cloves and mix well with olive oil. Brush one side of each bread slice with the garlic infused oil and toast in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
1) You can do dozens of variations in this bread pizza. This is just a basic one. Run wild with a variety of combinations like paneer, mushrooms or chicken...
2) If you have pizza sauce then go ahead and use that. I didn't have any so I used tomato sauce.
3) For a mess free cleaning, line your baking tray with aluminium foil.
4) In this recipe I have mentioned toast mode instead of the regular bake mode as it works well this way for this recipe. Toast mode is nothing but heating both top and bottom heating elements in your oven.
5) I used cheddar cheese. You can use mozzarella cheese too.
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#48
Sending this to Kid's Delight Event hosted by PJ