And I love Sandwiches!!!
My love for sandwich started during my college days, when we (my friends and myself) used to skip our regular mess ( not during the biriyani days!!) and give ourselves a treat in the ChillOut ( our little restaurant... outside mess that serves us sandwiches, juices, chaats, snacks....) We used to order variety of sandwiches and tall glasses of juices to accompany them and enjoy them chatting away.......Wish they had served these PB chocolate banana sandwich then, we would have just gobbled them away.
Actually I didn't think that sweet sandwiches can taste that good. For me then, sandwiches were always savoury. Well nothing can go wrong with chocolate in it, right?? I saw this recipe in a tv show and immediately tried it, and I was so glad that I did it. It was soooo good with gooey chocolate and all the peanut butter and banana goodness...perfect for the start of a big day!!!(well the chocolate will always cheer and boost you up...)
Bread - 4 slices
Peanut Butter( homemade or store brought ) - 2 to 3 tbsp
Chocolate - 42 g (I used Dairy Milk fruit and nut )
Ripe Banana - 1 medium sized
Melted Butter or oil - for brushing on top (optional)
Sugar - for sprinkling (optional)
1) Apply peanut butter on all the 4 bread slices.
2) Arrange sliced bananas on 2 bread slices and add the chopped chocolate over it. Cover the breads with the remaining 2 slices.
4) Close and toast for 1 to 2 minutes till golden brown on top. Serve warm.
Warm gooey chocolatey goodness is ready to dive in!!!!
1) You can skip the bananas and make plain peanut butter and chocolate sandwich as well.
2) You can replace Dairy Milk fruit and nut chocolate with plain milk chocolate or even semi-sweet chocolate. I opted fruit and nut as I like a little crunch in them.
3) Brushing with melted butter or oil and sprinkling sugar on top is optional but I like the sweet and crispy texture of it. You can just toast the sandwich as such as well, it will still be good!!!