Cutlet is my hubby's (SS) favourite food. Its one of his staple order in chat shop. I learnt it from my SIL especially for him. Loaded with veggies, it usually is a lifesaver for kids or anyone (in my case my hubby) who don't like vegetables. Served hot with tomato sauce or packed as a lunch, it is sure a win win recipe (tasty as well as nutritious!!!). Plus its a super easy recipe..
Potato - 3 (medium sized)
Carrot - 2
Beans - 10
Peas - 3/4 cup
Onion - 1 (medium sized)
Coriander Leaves - 1 handful
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Homemade Bread Crumbs( or Store brought) - 3/4 cup (1/2 cup + 1/4 cup)
Salt - as required
Oil - as required for pan frying
1) Peel the potatoes and chop them along with carrot and beans. In a pressure cooker add the chopped veggies, peas, salt and 1/4 cup water and cook until soft (1 whistle and 5 minutes sim).
2) Mash the veggies with a mathu or potato masher ( no need to make like a fine paste ).
3) In a kadai add 1 tbsp oil and saute the onions for a minute(till it turns soft). Next add the ginger and garlic paste and fry till the raw smell leaves.
5) Check for salt and add garam masala, chopped coriander leaves and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and mix well till it all comes together as a soft dough ball (about a minute). Switch off, let it cool down..
You can make any shape you want. I personally like square!!!
NOTES:1) Don't add more water as it will take long to come together.
2) I like coriander leaves very much in my cutlet so I have added a handful. If you don't like it much you can reduce it.( but don't skip it, as it really uplifts the flavour).
3) If you have any leftovers, after coating with breadcrumbs, you can refrigerate in an air tight container for 1 day and serve hot.
4) I got 11 cutlets from this recipe.