When I was a kid I used to hate this green chutney ( I still don't know why??? ) Even in hotel, where I love to eat than at home I won't touch the green chutney. But now its just the opposite. I love to pair it with our idli, dosa and even kara kuzhi paniyaram. This coriander chutney even makes a beautiful spread for sandwich.
Plus this is a very easy and quick chutney. Just dump everything in a mixer and grind to your desired consistency. That's it...
Coriander leaves - 1 cup (packed)
Coconut - 1/2 cup (scrapped)
Green Chilli - 2
Tamarind - 3/4"
Garlic - 2 cloves
Curry leaves - a few
Salt - to taste
Water - 1/4 cup ( or as required )
Oil - 1 1/2 tsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
1) Take the first 7 ingredients ( coriander leaves, coconut, green chilli, tamarind, garlic, curry leaves and salt ) in a mixer and grind them to a fine paste or desired consistency with little water.
2) In pan heat oil. Add mustard, after it splutters pour it in chutney and mix well.
Yummy corriander chutney is ready!!!!! You can pair it with any dish you like....
1) Tempering this chutney is optional.( mostly I prefer the fresh chutney without any tempering )
2) While using for sandwich, no need to temper it.
3) Add water according to your preference.